Quality Check / Masting Operative
BMC Engineering are recruiting for a permanent-weekend Quality-Check Operator whose responsibility it is to ensure that the product has 100% RFT and quality-check the product to ensure it meets the high requirements and specification before it reaches the end user. This is a permanent weekend shift working Friday – Sunday 6am – 18:30
- Inspect all manufactured products/parts for production compliance, and to check whether goods are fit for purpose.
- Reading and interpret product drawings.
- Check products against technical drawings where required.
- Ensure all necessary inspection tools/equipment are in place to enable accurate inspection of all items.
- Record Product Defects and Report Issues
- Complete given jobs within the required specification.
- Work flexibly in a team environment to ensure the required QCD deliverables are achieved.
- Assume personal responsibility for Health and Safety at Work.
- Wear all required Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) in line with the Safe Systems of Work.
- Maintain housekeeping to the established standards.
- Comply with manual handling recommendations when required.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in this or similar role
- Engineering Qualification – Desirable
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Committed attitude to work
- Competitive Salary + overtime (£16.80 per hour weekend rate)
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme – Quarterly
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme – Hotels / Restaurants / Retail
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
BMC Recruitment Group treats all applications equally and confidentially, we review all submissions. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later