Newcastle upon Tyne
I am delighted to be representing a national business with a strong presence in Newcastle to recruit a Payroll Manager on a permanent basis. The role offers fantastic benefits, an excellent package, and a great opportunity for career progression.
- Process/ review monthly payroll changes - starters, leavers, salary increases, changes in hours, overtime, pension payments etc.
- Calculate SMP, SPP, SSP & SAP entitlements.
- Produce payslips and P45s.
- Ensure statutory deductions are reported by RTI and paid over to HMRC on a monthly basis before due dates.
- Supervise Payroll Assistant, including responsibility for appraisal and development.
- Provide reports and information in support of budget holders.
- Resolve employee enquiries on all aspects of the payroll.
- Provide timely Pension information to the pension provider, and ensure payments made within legal time frame.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent IT literacy and PC skills including Excel.
- Relevant Payroll Qualification (IPPD) and payroll experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve objectives under pressure.
- Strong team player who uses initiative and diplomacy when liaising with internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later