£45,000 - £50,000
BMC Recruitment are recruiting for an Operations Technician based in the Lancashire area, this is on a 6 month contract with a view to go permanent.
Objective - Main purpose of the job
The plant comprises a compressor driven evaporation system, drying centrifuging and packing finished product. Responsible for operating and maintaining the 24-hour Nitrates plants.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Technician with ONC/HNC minimum education equivalent
- Process / chemical production background
- Desirable – experience of chemical/steam process system and troubleshooting
- Able to work on own initiative (24-hour shift operation)
- Operations – have worked as a process operator previously and be willing to learn to multitask in
- maintenance tasks. or
- Maintenance – have a trade as a mechanical engineer or instrument technician and be willing to learn to multitask as a process operator.
- Liaise with site manager
- Operation and routine maintenance
- Data collection
- Sampling and laboratory analysis
- Chemical preparations
- Consumable replacement
- Non conformance reporting
- Supervision of truck operations
- COSHH Materials and Chemical Data Sheets
- Assist with safety/environmental audits
- Liaise with company personnel where required
- Respond to emergency call outs when required
The site has a small team, therefore each team member must be willing to undertake whatever tasks are necessary to run the site, including maintenance, housekeeping, administration, chemical dosing, running lab tests, taking readings, safety audits etc.
- Full training will be provided during plant start up and commissioning
- Shift work, 12 hour shift inclusive variable pattern (previous experience of shift work desirable).
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later