Newcastle upon Tyne
£25,000 - £30,000
Our client is one of the UK’s most innovative financial services groups. The group as more than 300 employees and are now looking for an Operations Administrator to join their team. This is a full-time permanent position to join a busy client servicing team on the Investment platform. You will be the first point of contact for our financial advisers and end clients to provide updates and guidance including but not limited to trades, direct debits, withdrawals, internal transfers, adviser fees and death claims. Our client offers a great flexible working from home policy and career progression. Salary is up to £26,000.
- Provide operations administration knowledge within the department.
- Provide operations support for advisers/clients and colleagues.
- Adhering to best practice procedures in all aspects of investment operations related tasks as defined by the firm.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate knowledge/support within all adviser/ client service area.
- Monitoring on going procedural developments and implementing changes to procedures where required.
- Ensuring standards documentation is scheme specific and incorporating then into existing procedures.
- To assist with providing regulatory & compliance information as and when required.
- To identify and assist in the development of team improvements within Operations
- To assist in ensuring all compliance aspects of the department are met as and when required
- To assist in ensuring that both service & quality targets are met within the business line to make certain that excellent customer service is provided/maintained by the operations team.
- Share knowledge with colleagues within the teams to ensure junior members of staff attain competency.
- Pro-actively liaise with The Management Team as required
Please note in addition to the functions above, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required by the business
- Processing trades/withdrawal requests within SLA
- Update clients investment strategies within SLA
- Maintenance of account/client records
- Provision of technical information both verbally and in writing around respective processes
- Completing updates to the database to ensure that records are accurately maintained
- Project work as directed by Team Leader or Manager
- Proactively promote the use of agreed procedures / training notes throughout the team.
- Training new colleagues and colleagues requiring additional training.
- Proactively provides constructive feedback to colleagues to help reward and identify areas of improvement.
- Administration of transfers from 3rd
- Quality Checking and authorising other team members’ work
- Ensure that continuous improvement systems integrity are maintained to the highest possible standards
- Dealing confidently with member enquiries by phone, email, and letter.
- Dealing with queries and help resolve complaints cases generated within the team.
- Take ownership of problems / issues and see through to the end doing whatever research is deemed necessary
- Liaising with other teams and the wider business to maintain standards
- Participate in daily/weekly/Monthly meetings
- Previous experience within a similar administrative role
- Ideally, at least 2 years’ experience in the industry
- Able to demonstrate ownership, responsibility and accountability for self
- Be organised, methodical and logical in approach to delegated responsibilities
- Able to assist with developing a culture of high standards, excellent quality and customer responsiveness
- Able to develop administrators and administrative processes
- Be well organised and be a point of reference for knowledge
- Able to plan and then be flexible with that plan
- Be proactive, having drive and commitment
- Able to communicate effectively
- Has a can-do attitude and takes pride in their work
- Pays attention to detail
- Good knowledge of MS Office products, such as Excel and Word
- Good decision maker, able to recognise the impact of decision, having good judgement
- A problem solver, dealing with practical, people and political problems
- Able to delegate effectively
- Achieved some exam successes in professional qualifications such as PMI / CII / CISI
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later