Non-Executive Board Member
BMC Recruitment is delighted to be assisting this leader in the use of technology in agriculture in their search for a Non-Executive Board Member. The organisation focusses on the delivery of research, development, demonstration and training on precision agriculture and engineering for the livestock, arable, horticulture and aquaculture sectors. With a collaborative operating model, involving working with 120 members the organisation supports the delivery of innovative, commercial project in agriculture.
As Non-Executive Board Member, your finance skills along with experience of change/transformation and governance will support the executive team with on-going operations as well as transformational change. In addition to this, your senior level experience in the operational delivery of government funded projects will enable you to both challenge and support the board and executive team.
- Support and mentor the Executive Management Team
- Constructively challenge the senior management team and help develop proposals on strategy for the short and medium to long term
- Review the performance of the organisation in meeting the agreed financial and business goals and objectives, monitoring performance regularly, in line with core grant funding and commercial responsibilities
- Offer advice and guidance in a consultative capacity to the senior management team
- Agree the vision, strategy and alignment of values with operations
- Agree and monitor appropriate governance and internal controls; including processes to ensure sound financial management and value for money
- Agree and monitor processes to manage financial and performance risks
- Support the Executive team to deliver operations.
- ACA (or equivalent) and / or MBA in finance or equivalent
- Excellent financial experience
- Highly self-motivated individual
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and active listening
- Experience of working in a high-paced, changing environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Customer-centric approach
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work to KPIs
- Experience of working within the agricultural sector
- Some knowledge of public sector grant funded
If you're interested in applying for this role, please ensure to send an up to date CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later