£35,000 - £40,000
Our client are one of the UK’s fastest growing software businesses, that has had a huge amount of success over the last 20 years. They have had continual growth, opened new offices and created new products to keep up with a very competitive market place.
- Undertake assigned software development activities such as
- new application development
- feature enhancements
- maintenance, fault investigation and resolution
- code reviews
- merging between source control branches
- database scripting and optimisation
- data migration
- unit testing and production of test evidence
- creation of installation packages
- Undertake software development in accordance with approved departmental procedures, good practice guidelines and coding standards. Make proper use of company systems such as source code control and incident management systems
- Review business requirements to design and estimate your own tasks. Complete tasks within these estimates and implement, test and debug modules and small projects.
- Develop familiarity with all company products and all the technologies used to build them, and specialise in a subset of them.
- Out of hours (OOH) support on a rota basis to cover morning, evening and weekend support shifts.
- If appropriate, provide internal and external software release support.
- Provide on-site client support (UK and Overseas) if required.
- To attend meetings, as required, and be responsible for any assigned follow-up actions.
- The timely and detailed completion of timesheets in the Open GI Time Management System.
- Any other tasks as from time to time may be assigned by your line manager.
- Qualification/Training in a Computing or Information Technology course
- 2:1 Degree
- Approved apprenticeship scheme
- Minimum of 1 years related software development experience
Any previous related work experience such as work placement would be a plus
- Knowledge of .net framework
- Competent in Microsoft Visual Studio (C# and net)
- Competent in Microsoft SQL Server
- Competent in XML
- Understanding of source control systems (TFS/VSTS)
- Ability to work with legacy code lines (VB6)
- Ability to think logically, solve technical problems and plan workload, to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Intuition, initiative, drive and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and accurately in writing and
- An active team player, yet able to perform required duties with minimal supervision, motivates self without being asked or
- Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner when interfacing with
- Strives to continuously develop and improve own skills and
- Willingness to take on new tasks / duties to achieve Job Summary
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later