Our client is looking to appoint a Qualified MIG Welder. The role is a full-time, permanent dayshift role based in Newcastle. You will need to be a hard-working and skilled person who has extensive experience if MIG welding to work weld components in flat, vertical and bend positions
- MIG Weld components in flat, vertical and bend positions
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as beams and pipelines.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Ensure rail meets the required specification
- Operate company tube bending machine to SSW
- Carry out specified quality checks
- Ensure that all relevant daily reporting is completed and accurate
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Assume personal responsibility for Health & Safety at Work
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification in MIG welding / Welding
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a welder
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery Electrical and manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Committed attitude to work
- Competitive Salary + overtime (£16.80 per hour weekend rate)
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme – Quarterly
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme – Hotels / Restaurants / Retail
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
BMC Recruitment Group treats all applications equally and confidentially, we review all submissions. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later