£30,000 - £35,000
We are pleased to announce that our client have a Materials Engineer role available within their Design and Development team. The Material Engineer is the technical support for all the questions regarding material used by Kasai UK (resin, metal, paint, adhesive…). The Material Engineer deals with suppliers, customers and colleagues from Kasai JAPAN, to arrange and support material trials for quality, cost and process improvements. They are also responsible for the creation and maintenance of materials specification sheets and communicating these with suppliers.
The responsibilities include:
- To provide the major interface initially within KUK Ltd and externally with both suppliers and customers. This will necessitate liaison with:
- Production department.
- Quality Assurance department.
- Sales & Purchasing department.
- Cost Reduction Department
- Customers (Internal and External).
- NMUK Plant
- Nissan Design (NTCE)
- JLR Plant (Halewood/Nitra)
- JLR Design (Gaydon)
- To lead in trials associated with cost reduction and new products introduction which include:
- material test programs
- creation and maintenance of internal specification sheets
- cost reduction opportunities achieved by change of material or process
- To carry out material development with supplier and customer.
- To establish all specifications relating to materials.
- Any other related duties as required.
- Ability to work under their own initiative.
The candidate is required to possess the following:
Degree (Bachelor or Master) in a Material Science (Polymer Physics and Chemistry for example)
Automotive Industry experience or experience within injection moulding for similar products.
- Meeting management (creating and distributing minutes, chairing meetings)
- Project management (time planning etc.)
- Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook
- Self-motivated and able to work alone with minimal supervision but also ability to work well in a team when required.
- Scientific approach to investigations for proposed changes
- Proactive and pragmatic approach, curious and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
Open-minded to changes and enthusiasm for improving quality and cost performance
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later