Chester Le Street
£35,000 - £40,000
BMC Accountancy and Finance are delighted to be working with an established business in the Chester Le Street area who are currently looking for a Management Accountant to join their finance department.
You will be either a qualified or part qualified Accountant or an ambitious Assistant Accountant to go on and develop into a Management Accountant.
The business are looking for someone who can not only can do Management Accountant level work but who is also able support the Purchase Ledger team with their work when needs necessitate.
They are also ideally looking for someone who has experience being involved or delivering robotic process automation but this is not essential.
The role is full time, 5 days a week.
- Current (or recent) experience as a Management Accountant in a business of equal or greater size.
Support the Purchase Ledger Team.
- Covering the end to end cycle of the Purchase Ledger function, including statement recs and queries.
Oversight of our outsourced invoice processing function.
- Manage Supplier relationships.
- Report progress to Senior Management.
- Assist in the production of monthly & annual management accounts within agreed timescales.
- Submission of accounts into Hyperion Financial Management.
- All Balance Sheet reconciliations and nominal ledger maintenance.
- Weekly cashflow forecasting.
- Preparing VAT returns for review.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset ledger.
- Drive improvements and efficiencies within the Finance Department.
- A good team player; someone who is able to works across all functions and influence external relationships.
- Able to make decisions quickly; having a sense of urgency that gets things done on a day-to-day basis in a fast paced finance environment.
- Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) who has operated as an Assistant Management Accountant or similar.
- Strong IT skills (specifically MS Excel and Hyperion Financial Management).
- Experience of delivering process automation and change (Robotic Process Automation).
- A background in an ecommerce business would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly organised, analytical, logical & numerical.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and develop enhanced internal controls.
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later