Management Accountant (Temporary – 12 months)
£30,000 - £35,000
Our public sector client are seeking to appoint a Management Accountant (Payroll). The post is based within the Finance and Payroll Section, at their Northallerton office. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will manage the day to day running of a small but busy Payroll team. You will also be responsible for the provision of financial information in relation to staffing budgets and the Pension Fund to support financial planning and budget monitoring. This will include providing financial advice to support Budget Holders and assist in the delivery of corporate projects.
You will also provide information for inclusion within the Authority’s statutory accounts and maintain reporting systems to ensure compliance with HMRC P11d requirements.
We are looking for a qualified Accounting Technician with relevant technical knowledge, good communication skills along with staff management experience.
Essential experience and competencies:
- Full membership of AAT or part qualified CCAB including CIMA.
- Experience of supervision and performance management of staff.
- Knowledge of current payroll and HMRC legislation
- Budget preparation and Control
- Production of Policies and Procedures
- Management of Financial Systems
- Demonstrable Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Word
- Strong team player, committed to an ethos of continuous improvement
- Full driving licence
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later