Legal Accounts Assistant
Newcastle upon Tyne
up to £18,000
Our client have a reputation for being a leader within the legal services market and are now looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant to be part of their busy accounts team. This is a full time, permanent role which will be based at the Newcastle office when government guidelines allow reopening. Salary is up to £18K dependent upon experience, with extensive benefits.
You will be responsible for daily and monthly accounting processes alongside credit control. You will be communicating with clients via telephone on a daily basis so excellent client care and communication skills are essential.
Experience of working in a law firm is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided. Due to the confidential nature of the work discretion is essential. It can be a fast paced environment so attention to detail and organisation skills are crucial.
Please note that their accounts team are currently working from home but there will be some office work at the Newcastle office initially for induction and training purposes to ensure you settle in and get to know the team. The office is COVID-Secure. However, it is also expected you will be able to work from home in a safe, secure way when necessary.
- Supporting Billing and Credit Control process, both private and legal aid.
- Processing property completions
- Handling Legal Aid billing including making submissions and processing payments.
- Working closely with the Accounts Manager to provide a full internal accounting process.
- Carrying out other administrative tasks to support the efficient running of the accounts department.
- Participating in departmental meetings.
Person Specification and Experience:
- Computer literate
- Appropriate experience of accounts, billing and credit control.
- Previous knowledge of computerised accounting packages.
- No specific academic qualifications are a necessity, but you must be numerate, organised, have good IT skills and be committed to high administrative standards.
- An ability to identify problems and their attainable solutions
- An ability to work under pressure and to respond to crises
- An ability to work both as a team member and on your own initiative with the ability to manage your workload efficiently, competently and cost effectively
- Honesty, tolerance, common sense, energy and a sense of humour
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later