£50,000 - £55,000
Our client are one of the UK’s fastest growing software businesses, that has had a huge amount of success over the last 20 years. They have had continual growth, opened new offices and created new products to keep up with a very competitive market place.
- Leading cross-functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software.
- Providing technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices.
- Being continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques.
- Acting in the role of coach and mentor providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department.
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of Open GI systems.
- Delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible.
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA’s to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent industry experience.
- A degree in a computer related subject.
- Oracle Java Professional Certification
- Oracle MySQL Developer Certification.
- Extensive experience of working on large complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users.
- Experience of major redesign and refactoring of complex enterprise solutions.
- Experience of leading software development projects in Java.
- Use and implementation of Design Patterns.
- Demonstrable technical leadership experience.
- Experience of tackling performance and scalability issues on a large, high-throughput system, using industry-standard techniques and tools.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- General insurance / financial services industry knowledge.
Skills & Aptitudes
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL.
- In-depth knowledge of REST, SOAP, and SOA.
- Problem solving and deep analysis skills including ability to diagnose performance issues.
- The ability to convert business and/or technical level requirements into successful implementation.
- Natural leadership ability, and able to motivate and develop team
- Self-motivated and perseverant.
- Methodical and disciplined in approach to all tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Aptitude for problem solving at all levels.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later