£55,000 - £60,000
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, appraising and making loan and mezzanine investments into SMEs in the North of England. Investments will be made on commercial terms and in accordance with the investment criteria set by our client and their funders.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Through sustained and extensive business development activity, source and appraise suitable investment opportunities.
- Develop and maintain links and networks with key business introducers and intermediaries to source suitable investment opportunities.
- Maintain and develop technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity.
- Conduct thorough and robust management, financial and commercial due diligence when considering investment opportunities and assess the risks of each investment.
- Negotiate terms and conditions relating to legal documentation for the making of the investments.
- Assess applications for funding and prepare reports recommending investment to Fund Director, Group Investment Director or investment committee.
- Liaise closely with the portfolio team post-investment and support as required to maintain the relationship with the investee company
- Disseminate examples of best practice for applying to the fund to key business introducers and ensure that the application process is continually refined and improved to provide the best possible client service.
- Participate and represent our client at meetings, seminars and events.
- Operate under delegated authority limits and within the investment operational guidelines.
- Contribute to marketing/promoting for our client.
- Achieve defined goals and fund output requirements in line with our contractual responsibilities to our funders.
- Contribute to the operation of our clients as a professional fund management business.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Fund Director, Deputy Fund Manager or Senior Investment Executive to meet the operational needs of the department, ensuring that at all times the trust and confidence of the Company’s funders is retained.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Previous venture capital, leveraged finance or corporate finance experience within the Corporate and Commercial SME market.
- Understanding of all aspects relating to debt and mezzanine investments into SMEs or larger Corporates.
- Understanding of risk assessment and investment processes and procedures.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive network of relevant key business introducers in the area of operation.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confident in own decision-making.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of analysing financial information.
- Accountancy or banking qualifications.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later