Intermediate / Senior Quantity Surveyor Civil Engineering
£40,000 - £45,000
£45,000 - £50,000
BMC are proud to be working with a family owned business based in County Durham, with over 300 staff they are now looking to add an experienced Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to their team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be working on a range of projects including Heavy Civils, Deep Drainage, Highways, Infrastructure, Plot works, Roads and Sewers projects with values up to £15M. This is a fantastic time to join an award winning civil engineering business who are going from strength to strength and will offer progression to commercial management.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Advise on a procurement strategy.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders.
- Allocate work to subcontractors.
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
Experience working in a subcontractor environment
- Ability to work accorss multiple departments including buying and estimating
In return, we are offering a competitive salary plus car or car allowance, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, pension contributions, career progression and an opportunity to work with a fantastic company who have a brilliant reputation in the industry
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later