Newcastle upon Tyne
We are working with a fantastic organisation with an office base in Newcastle offering a hybrid model.
Reporting into the HR Manager as HR Advisor you will play a pivotal role in supporting the HR team as they continue to experience an exciting period of growth as an organisation. You will be involved with a variety of activities and be the first point of contact for day-to-day advisory queries and cyclical processes, as well as supporting the HR Assistant in their role.
This is a truly generalist role and as a small team we require the successful postholder to have demonstrated HR Advisor experience and good exposure to ER related matters. The successful postholder will be the first point of contact for HR advice to line managers, guiding them through their people issues and working to increase employee engagement through the roll out of various activities and initiatives as directed by the HR Manager.
What will be your key responsibilities?
The position will involve all aspects of HR generalist support and will include the following responsibilities:
- Providing an effective and efficient HR advisory service to the organisation and all stakeholders.
- Daily management of the in house HRIS system, taking a proactive approach to its management and accuracy, running reports to provide insightful business information.
- Managing absences, relaying information to and supporting the relevant line manager, monitoring and escalating issues to the HR Manager when necessary.
- Supporting the HR Assistant with enquiries into the shared mailbox and responding to queries promptly and professionally.
- Drafting a suite of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Drafting contracts, service level agreements and secondment agreements as required.
- Developing robust HR processes which will support the business in achieving key objectives.
- Leading on employee engagement activities and initiatives in line with people plans and strategy for 2022/23 onwards.
- Managing recruitment in relation to pre-boarding, induction and onboarding; updating the HR Manager to ensure all related checks are completed and actively improving the employee experience.
- Supporting with HR projects as and when required.
- Supporting the HR Assistant with any ad-hoc tasks as directed by the HR Manager.
- Delivering and organising any training and associated materials and follow up.
- Advising on investigations and disciplinary hearings, including dismissals and complex cases, formal and informal grievances.
- Ensuring correct procedure is followed by managers when conducting meetings.
- Check all paperwork, letters, contracts and meeting notes for accuracy. Guide managers on the quality of work and the need for improvement.
- Ensuring case work is closed with suitable outcomes and all documentation uploaded to the HR shared area.
- Actively promoting Employee benefits and introducing new initiatives.
What competencies we are looking for?
- Have up to date knowledge in UK employment law and HR best practices.
- Have a sound knowledge of the processes and procedures involved in HR practice.
- Knowledge of the resources associated with the organisation of meetings and events, such as video-conferencing and other presentation media.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD.
- Flexible working options.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus additional bank holidays (prorated for part time staff) and increasing to 26 days after 3 years’ service.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Pension Scheme through AVIVA.
- Car Lease Scheme – Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Home Electronic Solutions – Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Life assurance for pension scheme members.
- AHSN Reward and Recognition Hub for retail discounts and wellbeing support.
- Discounted Will Writing Service.
- CPD and training opportunities to develop you and your career.
To apply for this role, you must reside and have the right to work within the UK.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later