Head of Accounts
Newcastle upon Tyne
£50,000 - £55,000
£55,000 - £60,000
BMC Accountancy and Finance are delighted to be working alongside an established organisation in Newcastle, who are looking to recruit a Head of Accounts on a permanent Basis.
About the Role
The role will suit someone who is experienced in the timely and accurate preparation and reconciliation of financial information used to prepare monthly management accounts for a group of companies. It will be your responsibility to manage the Accounts Team and ensure that accounts and supporting financial reports are prepared to a strict deadline and in line with banking and audit requirements.
Day-to-day operations of the department will include (but not limited to), this will be completed by the team but overseen by the head of finance.
- Reconciliation of information used in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Revenue recognition
- Debtors reconciliation
- Prepayments calculations
- Creditors reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Profit & loss variance analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing HP agreements
- Regulatory reporting
- Analysis and understanding of movements in monthly management accounts
- Ad-hoc requests and projects
- VAT Returns
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Year End Audit
- Customer Reporting and Payments
- Experienced in the reconciliation of monthly financial information for multiple entities
- Confident in the use of Excel spreadsheets and Sage Line 50 Accounts
- Confident team player, able to support other accounts staff where required
Priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate prior experience in the above disciplines.
A confident self-starter, you will be keen to introduce procedures to improve the productivity and accuracy of the Accounting function.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later