Group Reporting Accountant
£40,000 - £45,000
I am delighted to be working alongside an international brand to recruit a Group Reporting Accountant on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be based at the company’s Head Office in near Stockton, and will report to the Group Financial Controller, also Head Office based. The role will be extremely varied and will involve statutory consolidation of the US and UK companies (there are currently Management Accountants in post in each country). There will be focus around review and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, project reporting, producing board reports and monthly management reports. The ideal candidate will have a full understanding of accounting standards: IFRS 15 and 16, and IAS 36 and 38. The role will also involve occasional visits to the US sites subject to travel restrictions.
Core duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Statutory consolidation of the US and UK accounts
- Providing detailed management information to the Group Financial Controller for presentation to various stakeholders
- Producing monthly management reports
- Revenue analysis & Contract revenue analysis
- Producing project reports for project managers and monitoring costs to budget
- Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly board reports
- Key point of contact for auditors, with responsibility for smooth running of the group audit process
- Assisting the team to ensure the accounts progress through audit in an efficient and timely manner
- The successful candidate is likely to be ACA qualified
- You will be bright, creative, a self-starter and someone with commercial acumen.
- Strong IFRS knowledge of 15, 16 and IAS 36 and 38
- Demonstratable experience of working in a pressurised reporting environment and experience of working in a team
- Ability to deliver on tight reporting deadlines with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to proactively take on new projects as and when required
This is a great opportunity where you will gain a lot of support within and ongoing development from two “hands on” strong leaders.
- Life assurance 3 x salary.
- Share options vesting over 3-year period
- 25 days holiday (pro-rated) + statutory days.
- Option to join the private medical scheme.
- Cycle to work.
- Medicash – Scheme to recover costs for prescriptions, optical and dental procedures.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later