Group Audit and Assurance Manager
As a result of an internal promotion an opportunity has arisen with our client to lead the Group Assurance function within their company. The main purpose of the function and role includes the following: Assurance - providing management with an independent and objective assessment in respect of financial and compliance matters., including providing assurance over the role out of new policies Advisory and support - working with local businesses in a supportive and advisory capacity, often in respect of internal controls.
- To lead of team of five Group assurance Business Partners in delivering an annual programme of work.
- To promote the importance of the Group’s internal control framework, increasing understanding of the associated requirements across the Group and providing adequate reporting to the Management Board.
- To design a fit for purpose internal control framework in the event the company becomes a standalone company.
- To provide quarterly assurance updates to the Management Board
- To design and implement project plans to address requests from management (audit/assurance/investigations)
- To act as Audit Coordinator, managing the relationship with a parent company to ensure the audit process runs as smoothly as possible, audit actions are understood and delivered in a timely manner.
- To support Group Compliance in addressing whistleblowing allegations
- To lead on the development and roll out of the finance related policies eg. Anti-Fraud/AML. and other ad-hoc items as necessary
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent;
- 7+ years in audit/assurance/advisory services
- Experience of working with an internationally recognized internal controls framework based on COSO (preferable)
- Experience in leading investigations (preferable)
- Technical audit capability
- Data analysis
- Report writing
- Designing and implementing training regimes
- Delivering presentations to senior management
- Problem solving
- Mentor and lead team members
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later