Freight Controller – Key Account Manager
Staines upon Thames
£25,000 - £30,000
Freight Controller - Key Account Manager required on a full-time permanent basis – I am working exclusively with my client who require a hard-working and skilled Freight Controller to join a busy and dynamic team and who can bring with them extensive experience of working within the transport and logistics industries.
- This role is to manage one key client to ensure the full and highest service is provided to them
- Provide a freight forwarding service and related customer support, direct on a client site, according to the customer and company needs and requirements
- Use of MS office as requested
- End to end booking, pricing and quotations of shipments, primarily by means of air freight, across the globe.
- Manage a vast network of suppliers / carriers, whilst additionally looking to continual improve relationships and costings.
- Ensuring our customer receives only the highest quality service at the best possible price.
- This role will also co-ordinate a variety of different shipments - OOG products, project forwarding shipments, AOG time-critical shipments.
- Ensure financial, quality, safety targets are always adhered to.
- Ensuring all relevant compliance and administrative procedures are following, along with customs clearance.
- Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
- Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
- Work closely with the Operations manager for Internal and external rates reviews.
- Remain in contact with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships
- Operate within companies QA system
- Any other tasks as directed by the manager or required by the team
What we need from you:
- Min of 2 years expertise of working within this role
- Min requirement - Educated to GCSE/ A level standard or equivalent
- Proven customer service record and experience
- Knowledge of the international transportation and logistics industry, Airfreight exports & Customs
- A Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used in the transport sector
- Result-oriented and driven to achieve goals and meet targets
- 25 days holidays (including Birthday off)
- Flexible working Hours: Monday – Friday 8am -5pm or 9am – 6pm
- Matched pension scheme
- Annual reviews and development opportunities
- Training and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment and team
- Helpful and encouraging team and managers
- Free onsite parking
BMC Recruitment Group treats all applications equally and confidentially, we review all submissions. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later