Newcastle upon Tyne
£45,000 - £50,000
I am delighted to be working alongside a well-known, award winning organisation based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, to recruit a Financial Controller on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Managing Director, the role offers an attractive salary alongside a whole host of benefits befitting the senior level of the position.
These benefits include:
- Annual Discretionary bonus (applicable after a successful probationary period).
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days Statutory holidays
- Death in service – 4 x Salary (applicable after a successful probationary period)
- Group Income Protection Scheme (applicable after a successful probationary period)
- Auto enrolment pension (applicable after 3 months)
- Interest free loan for travel (season ticket)
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
Main purpose of job: To be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Company’s accounting records and financial systems
- Production of statutory accounts for the Company and its various subsidiary companies as and when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Play a full part in providing relevant & timely financial information to the Managing Director to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Company’s strategy and objectives
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances.
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the Company with specific attention to debtors and cash balances
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings.
- To explain the processes adopted and undertaken by management to keep under regular review the effectiveness of internal controls covering financial, operational & compliance controls
- To develop and execute the Company’s taxation strategy, Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later