North East England
£50,000 - £55,000
I am delighted to be working alongside a well-known North East construction business on an exclusive basis to recruit a Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
You will provide end to end finance support; from month end deliverables, budgets and forecasts to strategic and annual planning, 3 year plans and future performance, the full finance lifecycle. You will work closely with the Managing Director, ensuring that they are supported with the right insight and information and act as a strong business partner so that effective decisions are made.
You’ll also manage and develop your team, looking for opportunities to broaden their experience and enhance their skills as they continue on their career path.
This role will suit someone who likes to be hands on, proactive and is a problem solver.
You will report to the Managing Director and key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Sit on the board on a bi monthly basis and report current position against KPI’s including business risks and opportunities.
- Production of annual budget and 3 year business plans for all construction and development projects.
- Oversee a finance team of 4.
- Production of monthly management accounts, including full variance analysis against budget for individual projects and the entire construction business. Analysis to reflect both qualitative and non-qualitative data.
- Oversee the production of statutory accounts.
- Produce divisional feasibility financial forecasts.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director in the production of monthly reforecasts and overhead reviews.
- Complete all other monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements including VAT, CIS and ONS requests.
- Implementation and monitoring of internal systems and controls.
- Balance sheet reconciliations, including the reconciliation of intercompany recharges and balances.
- Monitoring payments and cash flow forecasting.
- Act as main point of contact for divisional audit queries and work with external parties on corporation tax returns, R&D claims etc.
Knowledge and experience:
- A professional accounting qualification (CCAB) with post qualification experience gained in a business partnering role, ideally in a construction or housebuilding business.
- Strong analytical ability with high attention to detail is a key element for this role along with the ability to build successful relationships with both finance and non-finance people within the company and the group.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge effectively and provide proposals for change, accompanied by excellent decision making, negotiation and influencing skills.
- A strong user of MS Excel. Experience of Sage 200 and Pegasus would be a benefit.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully manage, lead, motivate and develop a small team.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving, using initiative.
- Solid numerical skills and up to date technical accountancy knowledge; a commitment to professional CPD.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later