Newcastle upon Tyne
We are working with an innovative Newcastle based company looking for a forward-thinking Financial Controller to join them on a permanent basis. The company is based in Newcastle City Centre, with easy travel links close by as well as a hybrid working model.
A background working in Practice or Financial Services is essential, with salaries up to £68,000 per annum based on experience.
- Prepare and manage the production of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Conduct financial forecasting to anticipate future financial performance.
- Analyse financial data to identify trends, variances, and opportunities, which inform strategic decision-making and cost management efforts.
- Establish and maintain internal controls, including financial policies and procedures, to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with financial regulations.
- Supervise and lead the finance and accounting team, providing guidance and support in their day-to-day activities.
- Contribute to the development of the company's financial strategy by providing insights and recommendations based on financial analysis.
What we need:-
- Experience working in an Accountancy Practice or in Financial Services.
- Qualified status such as (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate working in a Financial Controller or similar position.
- Have successfully led a team in previous roles.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
What you'll receive:-
- Hybrid working - up to 3 days at home.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Additional annual leave increasing with each year of service.
- Discounts and perks at hundreds of brands and services.
- Frequent employee events and company socials.
If this sounds like your next role and you'd like a confidential chat, please apply now and we will be in touch.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later