£35,000 - £40,000
I am delighted to be representing a specialist business based in Darlington to recruit a Financial Accountant on a full-time, permanent basis. My client supports a number of groups and has created a strong model of success with a reputation for its market leading product.
Our client offers a full induction and training package to new staff, so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
This is an exciting role giving the jobholder the opportunity to take ownership of a finance team of seven and deliver outstanding financial support to the business.
You will report to the Group Financial Controller and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer as well as having the opportunity to work with other parts of the business.
You will need to have and demonstrate the following important qualities:
- Accurate and rigorous, with a ‘right first time’ attitude and aptitude
- Proactive, with a hands-on approach and a passion for continual improvement
- Experience of improving and maintaining high quality financial controls, business processes and systems and an understanding of what best practice means in this regard.
- Personable and inspiring leader, with experience of running a finance team.
- Be a qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with demonstrable excellent technical competence, or at least be able to demonstrate experience of working at a similar level.
- Able to deliver ‘on time, in full’ to reporting deadlines synonymous with an SME business.
- Excellent excel skills, possibly to Intermediate stage.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Line management responsibility for two trainee finance officers together with supporting the Transactional Team leads, providing clear direction and an inspiring working environment.
- Ensure that financial reporting, is produced accurately and within agreed timescales. This includes preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts by working day ten.
- Close control of Balance Sheets and supporting reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of budget and forecasts.
- Lead all statutory reporting and compliance, including year-end audit process.
- Produce the quarterly VAT returns.
- Oversee cash and working capital management, including the preparation of short-term cash flows and driving strong credit control.
- Ensure robust financial controls are in place to ensure that best practice is achieved, and risks mitigated. This includes ensuring that strong month end processes are in place and adhered to, to ensure that the reported financial results are accurate.
- Maintain group accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify systems and performance improvement opportunities, working with the Finance Team and the Operational Team to implement any changes required.
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller as required,
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all times.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later