Electrical Control Design Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£35,000 - £45,000
Our client is currently recruiting for an Electrical Control Design Engineer to join their Engineering department, reporting to the Lead Engineer (Electrical Control). This role will be to design, develop, test and support electrical power and control systems for a range of existing and future products.
What will I be doing?
- You will be involved in the full product life cycle, which includes system specification, design, build, test, commissioning, documentation, customer acceptance and field support
- Providing expertise in the area of power and control system design, implementation and system integration
- Producing commission & factory acceptance testing documentation along with user documentation.
- Creating machine risk assessments and FMEA/ FMECA analysis.
- Liaising with mechanical/hydraulic engineers to ensure correct interfacing between different aspects of products
- Producing functional design specifications in conjunction with our project managers and other engineers
- Developing, testing and implementation of new power and control systems to fulfil requirements and maintaining market lead
- On occasion you will be involved in research and development activities, sales support and there will be the opportunity to work abroad or offshore.
Qualifications & Skills
You will require at least a minimum 2nd class degree qualification in Electrical Engineering and strong relevant industry experience.
You must have experience and knowledge in the relevant electrical areas:
- Electrical power distribution systems design
- 1ph & 3ph systems
- Safety systems
- 3ph motors and transformers
- Electrical standards
- Machine control systems/ automation
- Distributed controls system design
You must have a professional passion for quality with a positive and proactive approach to your work with the ability to multi-task and prioritise when required.
With the nature of this role you will have good communication skills, be flexible, adaptable and use to working under pressure for tight deadlines.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later