Corporate Fundraising and Partnership Development Lead
£30,000 - £35,000
BMC Recruitment is delighted to be retained by Scotty’s Little Soldiers, the charity for bereaved British Forces children, to assist them in finding a Corporate Fundraising and Partnership Development Lead to join the team on a permanent basis.
Scotty’s Little Soldiers are a UK national Charity which provides support for bereaved military children and young people aged 0-25. They currently support over 600 children and young people and have a long-term goal of supporting over 1,000 by 2030. They deliver 4 family programmes; SMILES, SUPPORT, STRIDES and SPRINGBOARD, which provides a range of emotional and education support for bereaved military families.
The role will have accountability for the charity’s relationships with their corporate partners, including acquiring new partners, developing, and growing their existing relationships and ultimately being responsible for the income generated from partnerships with businesses.
The role will also have responsibility for growing corporate partnerships activity from £200K in 2023 to £300K by 2025.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for best determining how to achieve the below, but key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a proactive corporate partnerships programme for the charity.
- Building on existing, largely reactive, relationships and maximising the opportunity for both the charity and their partners.
- Developing a pipeline of new partnerships.
- Direct support for the business fundraiser in the supporter team.
- Creating and implementing an annual corporate partnerships plan in line with the charities overarching strategic plan, including the setting of annual goals, objectives, and key results.
- Agreeing an annual budget with the Head of Fundraising, CEO, Finance Team, and Trustee board and managing income and expenses against that budget.
- Creating new opportunities for corporate partners such as regular donations, fundraising campaigns, cause-related marketing, team challenges, speaking opportunities and payroll giving.
- Exploring non-financial opportunities such as gift-in-kind, beneficiary opportunities such as career development, special experience, and volunteering
- Ownership of corporate partner product offers and supporter journeys.
- Overing the management of internal Salesforce CRM to ensure partner details are up to date, clean and support or income tracking processes.
- Updating the wider tam on progress and presenting successes in the weekly and monthly huddles.
- Work with the wider team to streamline processes and create VIP journeys for their partners.
- Managing targeted travelling to meet supporters in person across the country and delivering talks/attending events when required to maximise outcomes.
- Experience of working in the corporate partnerships space with a proven track record of securing and growing corporate partnership income. It is essential you are able to track and show progress on key metrics in your pipeline to inspire the team and help with forecasting.
- A proven track record of, and experience in developing new partnerships pipelines.
- Pro-active, positive thinking, self-starter who is great at making friends and building relationships
- An excellent communicator with a high standard of written, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Excellent ability to network and build long lasting relationships.
- Coaching and/or mentorship experience
- Although not essential it would be nice if you were experienced in working within organisations supporting young people and had a connection to the military community. However, if you haven’t, please don’t let this put you off applying!
Scotty’s are a flexible working employer. Ideally you will work hybrid however this role will require targeted travel across the country in order to meet supporters in person. The role will require a minimum of 6 days to be spent in East Anglia for team building days, strategy sessions etc.
The Scotty’s Way & our non-negotiables:
At Scotty’s, personal performance is only 50% of what success looks like. Their culture is as important as anything else. If you agree to join the team, you are signing up to The Scotty’s Way.
At the heart of The Scotty’s Way are our four core values as created by the whole team.
Our values are:
- Families Come First.
- Everyone a Supporter, Every Supporter a VIP.
- Love What You Do.
- Remember, Every Day.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later