Control Software Engineer
North East England
£35,000 - £40,000
Our client is currently recruiting for a Control Software Engineer to join their Engineering department reporting into the Principle Control Software Engineer. This role will be to help develop, design and manage control system software to enable the Company to stay ahead in the market through its standard product range but also special one-off vehicles.
Job Responsibilities –
- You will be responsible for producing design documentation including functional design specifications, software design documents and test documentation.
- You will develop, test and implement new software to fulfil the functional specification and will be involved in the full product life cycle, design through to commissioning and customer acceptance testing.
- Continuous development of product software capabilities and functions to maintain our market position in leading customer requirements.
- Adhering to all QA Processes.
- There will be the potential to work away to help support customers or part of system development.
Qualifications & Skills Required
You will need a strong experience in software programming design with a minimum of 2nd class upper degree qualification in a relevant subject.
Software scripting experience will be required and software design experience in any of these areas to cross over:
- PLC software design
- SCADA software design
- Application software design
Experience in machine control/automation and communication networks (Ethernet, RS232, RS485)
You must have a professional passion for quality and meticulous attention to detail with a positive and proactive approach.
Customer focused with a pragmatic hands-on approach to problem-solving with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Good team player with flexibility and the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later