Civil Design Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£40,000 - £45,000
£45,000 - £50,000
BMC Recruitment are working with our client who are looking to recruit an Experienced Design Engineer with a background in Civil Engineering to join their team on a permanent basis. With an impressive order book for the foreseeable future, this role involves working alongside the Team to design Foundations, Roads & Drainage Systems. Salary depends upon experience. If you are an experienced Design Engineer with a background in Civil Engineering
- Preferably degree qualified (not essential) with relevant experience in a similar practice.
- A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- The role requires an Engineer who will be client facing, with the ability to represent the Company externally at a senior level, alongside managing their own workload and the ability to manage a number of projects at any one time.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Excellent communications skills are paramount and to be capable of managing design teams both internally and externally.
- As a senior member of the team you will demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be self-motivated.
- Experience of working with housing developers is preferable.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, PDS, Site3D, MicroDrainage and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Provide training and coaching to less experienced staff.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38 and 278 Agreements and Water Authority Sections 104, 116 and 185 Agreements.
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later