Audit & Accounts Senior
Matt Hickford and BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a leading regional firm of Chartered Accountants in their search for an Audit & Accounts Senior. Your new employer pride themselves on their career development record, regularly promoting within and as such this represents an excellent opportunity for someone with demonstrable experience within Accountancy Practice. An outstanding range of benefits/perks are also in place, read on for more information.
Due to the requirements of the role, we cannot accept applications from candidates without significant experience in Accountancy Practice.
The role involves a mixture of preparing accounts for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders, and audit of financial statements and other returns. The successful candidate will work with clients from a variety of sectors including manufacturing, retail, charity, education, and solicitors. The role requires attendance at clients' sites across the North East, COVID restrictions permitting.
The key duties of the role are:
- Preparation of accounts from a variety of client’s systems – sage, Xero, QBO etc
- Audit of financial statements from planning to completion, including responsibility for managing the on-site audit team, where applicable
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Actioning queries raised by the accounts and tax managers on the draft accounts and tax computations
- Finalisation of the accounts and corporation tax computations following client meetings
- Acting as a point of contact for clients for ad hoc queries
- Providing training and guidance to trainees as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified or part-qualified
- Have recent relevant experience of owner-managed small to medium business accounts preparation including statutory financial statements
- Have audit experience
- Be able to demonstrate a general practice background, with exposure to accounts, audit and tax
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have a track record in delivering to tight client deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting software packages such as Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, etc. would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
The role offers a competitive salary, a salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme and 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays. They offer additional benefits such as a salary sacrifice flexible leave scheme, Perkbox, discounted health care and various health and wellbeing initiatives. The client also offer the ability to accrue TOIL and pays for professional subscriptions.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later