Audit & Accounts Manager
Matt Hickford and BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a leading regional firm of Chartered Accountants in their search for an Audit & Accounts Manager. Our client prides themselves on their career development record and offer a host of outstanding perks and benefits, read on to find out more.
Due to the requirements of the role, we cannot accept applications from candidates without significant experience in Accountancy Practice.
The department provides year end accounts and audits for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders. The successful candidate will work with clients from a variety of sectors including manufacturing, retail, charity, education, and solicitors. The role requires attendance at clients' sites across the North East, COVID restrictions permitting.
The key duties of the role are:
- Reviews of accounts and audit assignments covering various industry sectors
- Take an active role in the planning and completion of accounts/audits in line with the relevant reporting standards
- Ensure accounts/audit assignments are progressed and completed within both time and financial budgets
- Management of team members and providing support and guidance to junior employees
The ideal candidate will:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified
- Have recent relevant experience of owner-managed small to medium businesses accounts preparation, either statutory financial statements or management accounts preparation
- Have audit experience including managing audits
- Be able to demonstrate a general practice background, with exposure to accounts, audit and tax with strong technical knowledge
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have a track record in delivering to tight client deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Have proven people management skills
- Experience of charities and company & personal taxation issues would be desirable, but not essential
The role offers a competitive salary, a salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme and 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays. They offer additional benefits such as a salary sacrifice flexible leave scheme, Perkbox, discounted health care, various health and wellbeing initiatives and payment of professional subscriptions.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later