Accounts Assistant Manager
Matt Hickford and BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a leading regional firm of Chartered Accountants in their search for an Accounts Assistant Manager. Our client prides themselves on their career development record and offer a host of outstanding perks and benefits, read on to find out more.
Due to the requirements of the role, we cannot accept applications from candidates without significant experience in Accountancy Practice.
The role involves a mixture of audit engagements and accounts preparation, together with assisting with the review of accounts for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders. The successful candidate will work with clients from a variety of sectors including manufacturing, retail, charity, education, and solicitors. The role requires attendance at clients' sites across the North East, COVID restrictions permitting.
The key duties of the role are:
- Planning, fieldwork and completion of audit engagements
- Working closely with partners & senior staff to ensure clients’ needs are met, and supporting them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients
- Overseeing the preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax computations and to undertake accounts preparation and reviews as required
- Provide routine tax, accounting and general commercial advice to clients
- Ensure that working papers, financial statements, tax returns and client files are prepared in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Ensure accounts and audit assignments are progressed and completed within both time and financial budgets
- Provide supervision and support to junior team members
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified
- Have recent relevant experience of owner-managed small to medium business accounts preparation including statutory financial statements
- Have audit experience
- Be able to demonstrate a general practice background, with exposure to accounts, audit and tax
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have a track record in delivering to tight client deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting software packages such as Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, etc. would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
The role offers a competitive salary, a salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme and 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays. They offer additional benefits such as a salary sacrifice flexible leave scheme, Perkbox, discounted health care and various health and wellbeing initiatives. They also offer the ability to accrue TOIL and we pay for professional subscriptions.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later