Assistant Management Accountant
North East England
£25,000 - £30,000
I am delighted to be working alongside a well-known global manufacturing business based in Peterlee to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis. My client are offering a fantastic range of benefits including study support and a competive salary to secure the best candidate for the role.
To support the finance function in producing timely and accurate financial reports and statements in line with group & statutory requirements. Generate business analysis which helps to explain plant performance for management reporting and decision making.
Support the finance team in report preparation
- Key support to the Management Accountant in producing the required business reports by providing key figures, analysis and commentary
- Support the creation and maintenance of a plant finance manual to ensure key policies and procedures are understood and followed.
Support balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of key balance sheet reconciliations to subledger ensuring the integrity of the figures for review by the finance manager.
Business analysis and cost calculation
- Analysis of plant direct costs (cost down, price movement, make/buy analysis)
- Analysis of plant indirect costs (labour, variable and fixed cost movements)
- Variance analysis (standard to actual cost)
- Cost simulation development for forecasting
Finance improvement activities
- Support and drive development activities to ensure continuous improvement
- Involvement in plant project activities where finance input is required
- Integration of finance function into external departments through partnering
- Support the development of new costing methodology and system processes
The ideal candidate will have or be working towards full ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification and have worked in a manufacturing environment.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later