North East England
£20,000 - £25,000
Matt Hickford and BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a family run Accountancy Practice in their search for an Assistant Accountant to aid in the smooth running of the accountancy function of a client’s business. Whilst this role is within an Accountancy Practice, it is essence an industry role, working within the Practice on behalf of an industry client.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the post holder will assist in the smooth running of the accountancy function within the business. This will include the day to day accountancy operations including bookkeeping, management accounts, fixed asset records, job-costing, P11d work, budgets and project work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the Financial and Management Reporting for all group companies.
- Assist with the production of Job-Costing Reporting from the business accounting system
- Assist with the maintenance of the group fixed asset register
- Assist with the control of inventory reporting including WIP
- Assist with the Bookkeeping duties of the group companies including reconciliation of transactions with other business managed systems
- Assist with the financial planning for new acquisitions
- Assist with the preparation of group budgets and 5 year plans
- To share with colleagues the collective responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of high quality accounting services.
- This list is not designed to be exhaustive and as such the post holder will be required to carry out any other reasonable duties commensurate to the position at the discretion of the company directors.
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm with a half hour lunch break; and Friday 8.30 am to 2.30pm with half hour lunch break. The post holder is expected to reasonably undertake the required number of hours necessary to achieve the key result areas of the position to meet accounting deadlines.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later