North East England
£25,000 - £30,000
I am delighted to be working alongside a well-known national Motor Company to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a permanent, full-time basis.
This is a newly created role working alongside the Head of Finance to ensure the Company’s financial information is presented in an accurate and timely manner. Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Finance to prepare monthly management accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow) in a timely manner.
- Provide necessary bank details behind transactions
- Managing company ledgers and day to day transactions
- Processing business expenses once approved
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Reviewing software reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Work alongside other depts to collate info applicable to the finances of the business
- Provide applicable financial info to others depts where necessary in order to assist in developing strategic objectives
- Support wider finance dept during busy periods e.g. Sales Ledger
Experience and Qualifications
- Dealer Management System experience would be great
- Good attitude with desire to learn.
- Must have Motor trade experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Polite and approachable at all times.
- Excellent telephone and negotiation skills.
- Must be detail conscious with a high regard for accuracy and well organised.
- Excellent administration skills are required.
- Has a ‘can do/will do’ attitude.
- Analysis of own performance and takes steps to improve this.
- Remains focused when faced with competing demands.
- Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
- Adapts their communication style to suit their customer / colleagues, responding to their feedback or queries.
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives.
- Always conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Always maintains the strictest levels of confidentiality.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later