Newcastle upon Tyne
£25,000 - £30,000
I am delighted to be working alongside a firmly established manufacturing business based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne who can rightly regard themselves as a North East success story. My client are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their friendly finance team on a permanent basis. Offering a completive salary along with excellent benefits including life insurance, contributory pension scheme, rewards and discounts, and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Assistant in the production and distribution of management accounts packs and other related reports including thorough review of all material variances.
- Supporting budget holders and the financial reporting function in understanding cost centre spend.
- Provide detailed reports for the business with regards to forecasts, budgeting, and month end.
- Management and preparation of monthly journals to ensure that all overhead costs are accurate.
- Review of overhead costs with appropriate costs transfers, accruals, and prepayments.
- Maintaining the general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable.
- Preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Support the Financial Reporting team throughout the year-end audit process and liaise with external auditors as and as required.
- Looks to continuously improve the processes on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring that the balance sheet / trial balances reports are controlled.
- CIMA / ACCA qualified or in final stages of qualification.
- Experience of producing detailed financial reports.
- Confidence in presenting financial information at all levels.
- Attention to details is essential.
- Organised and time management.
- Strong IT skills – Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later