Architectural Technician – New Build Housing
North East England
BMC Recruitment currently have an exciting role and opportunity for a knowledgeable Architectural Technician with experience of layout design to join our fast-paced Technical team based at in the Tyne and Wear office.
You will provide architectural support to the technical function however, a key element of this role will be to create, develop and amend layout designs so experience of creating layouts for residential developments is essential.
Key duties and requirements include:
- Project managing and reporting all architectural requirements.
- Engaging fully in the process of determining, agreeing and delivering site start programmes and development programmes within agreed timescales.
- Assisting in the production or procurement of technical investigations for inclusion in Land Appraisals.
- Managing technical and regulatory approvals and adoptions and provide key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the technical function.
- Carrying out site visits.
- Actively managing communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that all necessary third-party design elements are sought, audited and obtained in line with the regional business plan.
- Assisting with the effective management of CDM-C & Health & Safety responsibilities on all developments.
- Assisting in the delivery of effective and relevant legal documentation for each development or phase of development.
The ideal candidate
To be successful as our Architectural Technician, you will hold previous experience of working within a similar role for a housebuilder or you will have worked on residential projects within a private practice.
To be considered for this role you must also possess;
- A relevant qualification or previous proven experience in Architectural Technology.
- A strong understanding of the Architectural aspects of the house building industry.
- Excellent Technical knowledge, Commercial and financial awareness.
- Experienced with software packages such as ACAD, Revit, Photoshop etc.
- Knowledge of codes of practice that impact on technical matters e.g. Planning policy, Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Good knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later