Our client is a national financial planning and wealth management group which operates from 15 offices across the UK employing 180 staff, including 55 highly qualified advisers. It provides impartial, specialist advice for individuals, corporates and trustees on pensions, retirement planning, inheritance tax planning, investments and group risk and business protection matters, often working closely with other professional advisers such as accountants and lawyers.
They have a fantastic opportunity to join their Finance function as an Acquisitions Accountant. The successful candidate will report to the Group Financial Controller and Group Project Accountant to help prepare group management accounts as well as other ad hoc analysis/reports for our board and M&A activity.
- Preparation and execution of transactions
- Reconciliation of balances
- Journal preparation and execution
- Agreement of intercompany positions
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts
- Supporting the external audit
- Support the execution of financial due diligence engagements (including dataroom management, interpretation and analysis of information provided)
- Preparation and review of monthly reports including the investigation of variances and reporting of these to the Group Project Accountant
- Support delivery of other ad-hoc projects playing a supporting role to senior members within the team
- Previous experience working in a Financial Planning firm is advantageous
- Part qualified accountant as a minimum
- Experience with Sage accounting software & VAT returns
- Highly skilled user of Microsoft Excel, capable of the creation and maintenance of often complex spreadsheets and the analysis of data
- A reliable person who has the ability to manage and prioritise workloads and coordinate a number of simultaneous projects and communication streams
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking abilities are essential
- Ability to produce concise business correspondence, proof read for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience of working as part of a team and able to work remotely with colleagues often in virtual environments such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Confident with other IT and office software packages including Teams, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later