Accountant (Part Time)
Newcastle upon Tyne
£30,000 - £35,000
BMC Accountancy and Finance are delighted to be working alongside an established business in the Newcastle area who are currently looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a full time, permanent contract. This is a Monday to Friday, office-based role but there can be flexibility on start finish times to cater for school runs etc.
The position is for an Accountant to provide all round finance support to a selection of our client's Membership Association Clients, consisting of Charities and not-for-profits. It’s a flexible, diverse, and interesting role. Guidance on VAT, tax efficient entity structuring, and good governance practice are all areas where they add continued value to their clients. The role would entail taking complete ownership in delivering tailored and bespoke management accounts to nationwide charities predominantly in the medical and critical communication fields. This offers a great opportunity to provide key accounting information at Board level within these organisations.
The company also run an Awards series in the Northeast, being the Northeast Accountancy Awards, the Northern Law Awards and the North East Marketing Awards. Again, this gives them a great opportunity to converse with their peers in the Professional Services sector in the Region.
Areas of responsibility
- Full bookkeeping and reporting responsibility up to draft year end for several membership associations, including registered Charities, with assistance from a Finance Administrator.
Key tasks within role
- Supervise and reconciled the purchase ledger and expenses claims.
- Supervise and reconcile the Sales Ledger
- Supervise credit control – for all invoices and membership subscription fees.
- Bank reconciliations
- Quarterly Management Accounts – perform all necessary coding checks, journals, and reconciliations to present each Associations’ Board with clear, usable, accurate and understandable Management Accounts
- VAT returns
- Prepare each Associations annual accounts up to a draft year end position to deliver to each Associations external Accountant.
Our client offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Set number of work from home days per year
- Have your birthday off
- We provide funded training opportunities to help you progress in your career
- Free parking
- A modern office in a central location, close to public transport hubs
- Travel opportunities nationally and internationally
Mobile: 07444 737 965
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later