BMC are delighted to be working with a well-known financial services organisation in search of a Regulatory Accountant to join their expanding team.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the regions fastest growing businesses. This role will suit a talented and motivated accountant looking to progress in their career. The role will involve supporting the Senior Regulatory Reporting Manager in complying with extensive and ever increasing regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory returns ensuring all returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments to ensure the organisation remains compliant with its regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist with assessing the regulatory implications of new business activities and transactions
- Deal with regulator queries as and when they arise
- Produce monthly regulatory MI for the Executive Committee and the Board.
- Participation in projects
- Assist the wider Finance team as and when required.
- All regulatory returns submitted accurately and on time
- Quality of regulatory analysis and judgements
- Other analysis produced to a high standard and within the reasonable timescales agreed with manager
- Relationships with key stakeholders in Finance and across the broader organisation
- Successful completion of projects
The following skills are desirable:
- Qualified Finance Professional (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Good Excel modelling skills or Google equivalent
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and team-working capabilities
- Hard-working and self-motivated