BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a North East based subsidiary of a well-known PLC with the recruitment of a Management Accountant.
This is an permanent opportunity with the role playing a key part in the development the growth of the organisation. Applicants are likely to be newly qualified, or actively studying for a formal accountancy qualification (of which support will be provided).
Duties will be varied, and will see the successful applicant producing the month end accounts, taking a lead on job profitability and costings, whilst supporting with the year end audit process.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant.
- Working as part of a small finance team consisting of four employees, reporting in to the Financial Director
- Preparation of monthly management accounts pack and all group reporting requirements
- Assisting with budget setting, five year plan and monthly forecasting
- Reporting on business performance, pricing and cash flow analysis
- Production of detailed financial reports & analysis for Managing Director / Finance Director
- Supervision of two Finance Assistants, ensuring work is accurate and involved in training and appraisals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation and analysis
- Processing of journals and prepayments
- Analysis of job profitability and product costing
- Factory analysis, including review of overheads, supply chain & labour
- Attending meetings with Senior Management team and other key stakeholders
- Collating time & attendance data to be submitted to third party payroll partner
- Supporting the finance team & identification of cost saving opportunities, via ongoing process and system analysis
- Assisting with all statutory obligations, VAT returns, Corporation Tax returns, statutory accounts, national statistics and being the main point of contact for external audit
- Management of treasury function
- Control of debt management process ensuring strict control of credit
- Continually reviewing and improving the control and process environment
The following skills are desirable:
- Applicants will likely be newly qualified or actively studying for a formal accountancy qualification
- Ambitious individual, who is willing to learn and undertake new responsibilities
- Ability to work and lead a small team. (Previous managerial responsibility is not essential but would be desirable)
- Knowledge of the manufacturing / engineering industry would be advantageous
- Able to present data and financial information to senior management team
- Good levels of IT / systems knowledge including (Excel)
- Strong communication skills – ability to liaise with Management including non-financial staff and external stakeholders