BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with a well-known North East based Group, who operate across a number of sectors, with the appointment of a newly created Group Management Accountant role.
Reporting in to the Finance Director, this position will hold the responsibility for the timely preparation and review of divisional monthly management accounts, assisting with group financial reporting, whilst providing commercial support to the wider business with the analysis of key metrics and data.
This acquisitive group has impressive growth plans and is ideally looking to appoint a forward thinking finance professional, who has a proactive, analytical & commercial mind-set.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Supporting the Financial Director with financial reporting, analysis and development of internal systems & processes
- Preparation and review of divisional monthly management accounts
- Taking an active lead on the coordination of financial activities
- Assisting with annual budget setting and analysis
- Divisional monthly forecasting
- Balance sheet reporting
- Assisting with the quarterly group consolidation activities
- Assisting with Year-end reporting
- Project based accounting, analysis and reporting
The following skills are desirable:
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Strong numeracy skills
- Intermediate – advanced Excel skills to create and interpret spread sheets
- Proactive and commercial mind-set
- Effective communication style to ensure deadlines are adhered to and information received on a timely basis
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Innovative attitude to problem solving
- The ideal candidate will be ideally be newly qualified or actively studying towards recognised accountancy qualification ie ACCA / CIMA
- You’ll be joining an established Group of businesses where personal development is encouraged
- A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer