BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting this innovative not-for-profit organisation with the recruitment of a Finance Manager on a full time & permanent basis.
Reporting in to the CEO, this position plays a pivotal part in ensuring robust financial management and analysis to the Board of Directors and key stakeholders.
Applicants will likely be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) who will have had a successful career to date, with demonstrable experience of providing accurate financial management and commercial acumen.
This role is based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Leading on Financial Modelling & provision of ongoing strategic Support to the CEO & Board of Directors
- Updating and reforecasting of financial models
- Proactively appraising any opportunities to strengthen the financial performance of the Organisation
- Supporting the CEO with contracts negotiation and business tenders
- Provision of accurate and detailed financial reporting, controls & forecasting
- Assisting with budget preparation at the start of each new financial year
- Production of monthly management accounts pack with updates to P&L, balance sheet, cashflow, revenue and statistics
- Providing regular forecasts, for the current financial year and beyond, to ensure clarity of outlook given the latest assumptions and trends. In particular focusing on the expected cash position.
- Verbally updating the Board quarterly on financial performance versus plan
- Communication of financial performance to relevant stakeholders as required
- Ensuring robust financial controls are in place within the organisation
- Lead on company secretarial duties, ensuring all updates to Companies House and filing of returns are correct and done on time. Management of annual audit process
- Calculate necessary accruals and post journals to create period accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation; prepare and submit quarterly VAT return
- Oversee Finance & Admin Assistant in their role to support an efficient and well controlled payment processing
- Maintain good external relationships with key financial contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers, funders, etc.
- Assist CEO and Treasurer with planning and preparation for Board and Committee meetings
The following skills are desirable:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with strong track record of financial control and management
- Analytical mind-set with the ability to interpret and analyse complex data and information
- Strong communicator – ability to develop and maintain relationships with number of key stakeholders
- IT literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be essential