BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a high growth, privately-owned organisation based in central Newcastle with the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant, who will join their team on a permanent and full time basis.
Applicants will ideally be actively studying for the AAT qualification, with study support being provided for the successful candidate. There will be the opportunity to study for the ACCA or CIMA qualification following completion of the AAT course, with the organisation keen to offer progression and development opportunities for their employees.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small finance team, being responsible for ensuring that financial transactions are processed in a timely manner, the accounting ledgers are accurately maintained, whilst supporting with the streamlining of accounting processes and systems.
- Reporting in to the Finance Manager and working as part of a small team
- Advising Finance Manager & Director of any ledger anomalies
- Daily processing of financial transactions and reconciliations
- Processing of purchase invoices on a daily basis
- Distributing monthly statements to debtors and chasing for collection of payments
- Updating ledgers with payment records
- Daily reconciliations
- Assisting with the streamlining of internal processes and systems
- Acting as first point of contact for invoice related queries
- Liaising with a range of internal / external stakeholders
- Assisting with month end & year end accounting processes
- Assisting with other projects in line with the growth of the organisation
- Daily use of accounting software (Xero) & Microsoft Excel
The following skills are desirable:
- Applications will be welcomed from individuals who are AAT Qualified / Part Qualified or Accountancy / Finance Graduates
- Experience of using an accounting package would be desirable
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous although not essential
- Intermediate / Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced finance department with some knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Experience of working across both accounts payable / receivable would be highly desirable
- Good levels of communication skills (both written & verbally)